[ibis-macro] Re: C_comp, C_comp_*, C_comp*, [C Comp Corner]

  • From: "Bob Ross" <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'IBIS-ATM'" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 11:41:49 -0700

All,

There are two issues that must be treated independently:

1. Whether to use the C_comps under [Model] or under [C Comp Corner]:

Do not mix [Model] C_comps with [C Comp Corner] C_comps if both are present.

If specified, use only [C Comp Corner] if the EDA tool supports [C Comp
Corner].

Use [Model] C_comps if the EDA tool does not support [C Comp Corner]

Even if the EDA tool support [C Comp Corner], it could use only [Model]
C_comps as a tool-specific feature for range sensitivity analysis at each
analysis corner

So only 3. (for [Model] C_comps) or 4. (for [C Comp Corner] C_comps) are
correct are correct.

2. How to split C_comps or to assign C_comps when only partial information
is given

The specification unclear/open about this, and we can really get bogged down
making arbitrary rules.

In fact (for non PI analysis) an expectation is that C_comp can go to a
local ground, not to any buffer terminal; but that is another discussion.

Bob