[ibis-macro] Re: Backchannel and the crosstalk simulation flow

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 17:08:18 +0000

Walter,

I understand that backchannel is all time domain.  The
point I am trying to make is that a model which supports
backchannel should probably not even modify the IR at all
in AMI_Init.  The only reason this could be useful is for
FD simulations, but since the coefficients are not set up
yet at the time the AMI_Init function is executed (since
backchannel training comes later in GetWave), I don't see
how modifying the IR in AMI_Init could give correct results.

The other part of my question is whether we should say
something in the spec about the crosstalk and backchannel
flow in our time domain flow descriptions.  Does everyone
know what to do the way this flow is described today in
BIRD 120.1?