[ibis-macro] Re: Backchannel BIRD discussions

  • From: Ambrish Varma <ambrishv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "twesterh@xxxxxxxxxx" <twesterh@xxxxxxxxxx>, "ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 13:22:25 -0700

Hi Todd,
We have identified these means many - many times in the ATM calls.

05/06/14
- Walter - Who approves the .bci communication info?
- Ambrish - We believe the IBIS group consists of everyone who needs this.
  - We would specify the black box protocol specific portions.

04/29/14
- Todd: We would need a committee to approve BCI files.
- Ken: It should be this committee.
- Todd: We will have to establish a new regime for controlling the BCI specs.
- Ken: That is one aspect of the proposal.

04/22/14
- Walter: This requires us to standardize the BCI files.
- Ambrish: A subcommittee could meet every 6 months to set that.

Have we formalized the means yet? That answer is "Not Yet".

Thanks,
Ambrish.