[ibis-macro] Backchannel BIRD discussions

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 22:25:47 +0000

Hello everyone,

First, I would like to draw your attention to two presentations
which have been posted recently on the ATM website from Cadence
and SiSoft on the topic of Backchannel AMI modeling.

http://www.vhdl.org/pub/ibis/macromodel_wip/archive/20140506/ambrishvarma/The%20BCI%20File/BCI_File_and_Communications.pdf

http://www.vhdl.org/pub/ibis/macromodel_wip/archive/20140513/walterkatz/Backchannel%20Training%20Co-Optimization/Backchannel_Training_%20Co-Optimization%20BIRD.pptx

Once again, our discussions are at crossroads and some important
decisions need to be made.  I would like to make a request to
everyone to become familiar with the two proposals and be ready
to express your opinion and/or preference in the upcoming IBIS-ATM
teleconference.  I would like to encourage IC vendors and model
makers to pay attention to this discussion and express your opinion
in this discussion because the decision we are about to make will
have a great effect on how models with Backchannel training and
optimization features will have to be written.

Thanks in advance,