[ibis-macro] BIRD 160

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 19:51:43 +0000

Hello Everyone,

As you might have already seen the announcement, BIRD 160
is now officially posted on the IBIS website:

http://www.eda.org/ibis/birds/bird160.docx

Just in case you haven't been part of the recent discussions,
this BIRD is a combination of BIRDs 116.2, 117.5, 118.4, and
129.1.  The ATM group decided to combine these BIRDs into a
single BIRD because they are very closely related and for that
reason they would have most likely been all voted in the same
direction.  In addition, since they propose modifications in
the same area of the specification, it is much easier to read
and understand the concepts proposed if they are in one BIRD.

The expectation is that BIRDs 116.2, 117.5, 118.4, and 129.1
will be rejected in favor of BIRD 160.

I would like to encourage all of you to take a few moments and
review BIRD 160 and bring your comments to the ATM meeting (or
post them on this email reflector) so we could finalize it and
hopefully vote on it soon.  I would very much like to see this
BIRD in the next version of the specification if possible.

Thanks in advance,

Arpad