[ibis-macro] Re: BIRD 154.1

  • From: "Bob Ross" <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'IBIS-ATM'" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 15:06:44 -0700

Walter:

The rule wording in BIRD154.1 is too rigid and limiting.

I would accept: "All entries in List_Typ shall be unique."

Example:

(List_Type  "case1" "case2" "case3" "case4")

(Type Boolean)

(List  True False False True)

This should be legal because you might want to correlate

this parameter with another parameter that describes the

same cases.  This is not confusing.  Some vendors

may want to do this.

The rule in BIRD154.1  requires too many checks.  This

delays the parser development for an optional convenience

at the expense of other technical features that the user

community really needs.

So I strongly advocate the relaxation of the rule to the above

rule, which is easy to check.

Bob