[ibis-macro] Re: BIRD 154.1

  • From: "Bob Ross" <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'IBIS-ATM'" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 10:00:21 -0700

Subject BIRD Number Correction from 151.1 to 154.1

I would like this rule relaxed to a suggestion:

From

All entries in List_Tip shall be unique, except that if two entries in List
are the same, then the corresponding List_Tip entries must also be the same.

All entries in List_Tip should be unique, but if two entries in List are the
same, then the corresponding List_Tip entries can be  the same.

That way, we do not have to check this in the parser and we can allow

(List 2 1 2 3 4 5)

(List_Typ "default_val" "val1" "val2" "val3" "val4" "val5")

or other equalities where the List_Typ entries might be different for the
same values.

I want to simplify parser checking and especially comparison checking within
the

List for all Types.  By making this rule a suggestion, we do not have to
check it.

In practice, this will not be a problem for developers who use List_Type.

Bob