[ibis-macro] Re: BIRD 127.2 draft

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: IBIS-ATM <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 19:52:56 +0000

Ambrish,

I was actually thinking about that myself, but decided not
to do it.  If you looked at those sections, you will see
that only section 3.1.2.6 contains information on what the
syntax of this string is (the originally 8, now 9 points):

|** The syntax for the parameter string is:
|
|** 1. The parameter and message strings passed through the AMI_parameters_in,
|**    AMI_parameters_out and msg arguments must not be enclosed in double
|**    quotes.
|** 2. Neither names nor individual values except for string literals may
|**    contain white space characters.

The sentence in the paragraph you quoted is really referring
to this syntax explanation, not the first two paragraphs of
the rules on AMI_parameters_in, or AMI_parameters_out, or msg.

If you asked me, that syntax explanation really shouldn't be
under 3.1.2.6, but I would think that we can let the editorial
committee decide where to move it if we don't like where it is...