[ibis-macro] Re: BIRD 123.2 Intended Usage

  • From: "Walter Katz" <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gedlund@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'IBIS-ATM'" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 17:48:37 -0400 (EDT)

Greg,

If statistical, then there is no way the DLL can handle jitter, and it
must be handled by the EDA tool with the "Statistical" BIRD 123
parameters. If time domain, there are two issues. First, the DLL cannot
handle the jitter on the reference clock. Second, any Rx Gaussian Jitter
(therefore have tails), has limited statistical affect because of the
limited length of time domain simulations (~1e6 bits), so having the EDA
tool incorporate that jitter is more accurate.

Walter