[ibis-macro] Re: Analog Model Isolation Definition

  • From: James Zhou <james.zhou@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bob Ross <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "fangyi_rao@xxxxxxxxxxx" <fangyi_rao@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 15:06:57 -0700

Hi Bob,

Thank you for clarifying the meaning of Vt and V-T in your earlier comments. My
understanding is that the parameters (such as Vt, Cc, etc.) and circuits
defined in BIRD122 are to be handled by EDA tools just as a regular IBIS-ISS
circuit the same way as any other circuit would be handled. Your first example
illustrated a way to parameterize model selection which could be a very useful
feature if added to existing Specification.

With reference to "When I use V-T, I mean the frequency response
characteristics which could be handled in many different ways - inside the
black box or as a drive voltage.", based on ATM discussions this past Tuesday,
my understanding is that the frequency response of the analog model could only
be handled inside the box. Because the conclusion of last Tuesday was that the
driver must be 0 ohm voltage source and, the load is high impedance, none of
which could influence the frequency response of the analog model. If it is
permissible by the Specification to handle the frequency response by changing
drive voltage, it needs to be clarified.

Regards,
James Zhou
QLogic Corp.