[ibis-macro] Re: Analog Buffer Modeling - A Summary

  • From: Feras Al-Hawari <feras@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "twesterh@xxxxxxxxxx" <twesterh@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'IBIS-ATM'" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 01:54:24 -0800

Todd,

Several other points related to BIRD 144 in comparison to Walter's proposal:

-          Unlike Walter's approach, our approach is NOT a canned model
approach as the Touchstone models are very general and widely spread (i.e., a
BLACKBOX) that can be used to model passive interconnect and LTI I/O models

-          Unlike Walter's approach,  we add the Touchstone S-parameter model
in the right IBIS block i.e., the External Model section, which is the
container for analog I/O models

-          Unlike Walter's approach, our method will work with/without AMI
models

-          Our approach can also be used in an External Circuit to model ODT,
RDL, packages, etc

-          Our proposal complements the general IBIS-ISS approach, but in this
case we would like to make using the S-parameter black boxes easier i.e.,
without the need to wrap it in a SPICE subckt

Best regards,

Feras Al-Hawari
Cadence design Systems