[ibis-macro] Re: Analog Buffer Modeling - A Summary

  • From: "Todd Westerhoff" <twesterh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 14:16:57 -0500 (EST)

Fangyi,

I understand - if you can define an analog subcircuit, then you can create
a standard subcircuit (i.e. template) and copy it from one model to
another.

For what it's worth, my personal opinion is that we'll end up with a
standard subcircuit that instantiates S-parameters in the long term.  I
suspect that most device vendors won't be willing to describe their
termination networks with a clear text netlist, as it could expose details
of their ESD and compensation circuits they don't want to reveal.
S-parameter blocks hide the internal details, and I expect we'll see a
standard template instantiating TX/RX s-parameter data before too long.

Todd.

VP, Software Products
SiSoft
6 Clock Tower Place, Suite 250