[ibis-macro] An interesting question for the holidays...

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 02:18:59 +0000

Hello Everyone,

I ran into a situation with an AMI model pair (Tx and Rx) where
the two models have a different AMI_Version value.  Fortunately
these are 5.1 and 6.0 which imply the same AMI flow.  But I wonder
what should the EDA tool do if one model is v5.0 (implicitly) and
another model is v5.1 or higher, because the v5.0 AMI flow is
different from the flow defined for v5.1 or higher.

I don't recall anything in the specification that defines which
flow should be used in this case.  Does anyone know what the EDA
tool should do in this case?  Simulate with one or the other flow,
or issue an error and not simulate at all?

Enjoy your day!