[ibis-macro] Re: Action required for all IBIS member EDA vendors

  • From: Bob Miller <bob.miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 08:54:10 -0600

Yes, Avago agrees.

Bob Miller
Avago APD R&D

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 9:42 PM, Muranyi, Arpad <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

This is a request that was made today in the IBIS-ATM meeting
to all IBIS member EDA vendors. We need your reply so we can
move forward with the cleanup process in the IBIS specification
regarding "ground".

As you may know, the specification is not very consistent and
not always correct when it comes to the usage of "ground" and
its synonyms. We need to clean this up in the specification
because this situation creates confusion with the already
existing power integrity capabilities in the spec, and the
situation will only get even worse with the upcoming new
Interconnect/Package modeling proposal.

The question for which we would like to get a reply from all
EDA vendors is whether we can all agree that C_comp should not
be connected to the ideal ground (or node0) of the simulator,
but that is should be connected to the [Model]s "local ground"
(or pulldown reference).

Please reply to this email with an answer to that question.