[ibis-macro] Re: About the Typos BIRD comments from Fangyi

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 08:43:31 -0800

Walter,

I re-read the two documents you distributed with your email.

While I agree that the specification could use a major overhaul,

your documents may be considered only a starting point at best,

as they do not answer most of the questions we are trying to answer

in this email discussion thread, and in addition, your documents

raise more questions which would have to be dealt with in detail

(a time consuming process, as you know it very well).

For example, the "Section_AMI_DLL_Interface" document talks about

a "time domain waveform" under 3.2.2.1, and it seems that this

waveform, although not defined, is an analog waveform.  In BIRD 120

we have already established that the input to GetWave should be a

"digital" waveform:

| Step 4. The simulation platform produces a digital stimulus waveform.

| digital stimulus waveform is 0.5 when the stimulus is "high",

| -0.5 when the stimulus is "low", and may have a value between

| -0.5 and 0.5 such that transitions occur when the stimulus

| crosses 0.

Are you proposing to change that back to an analog waveform again?

Also, we have already approved BIRD 112 on Clock Times, so 3.2.2.3

in your document would also have to be replaced by BIRD 112.

Although 3.1.2.6 contains a lot of detail about the parameter string,

it doesn't answer the questions about how the In, Out, and InOut

parameters are given to or returned by the DLL (which is one of

the main things this thread is dealing with).

Since we have already completed several of the "correction" and

"clarification" BIRDs and our Typos BIRD is also fairly close to

being done, I would suggest to finish our task of making the

corrections to the AMI specification first and talk about new

features and rewriting the entire AMI section at a later time.