[ibis-macro] Re: AMI compliance > Samples_Per_Bit

  • From: "Ken Willis" <kwillis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'IBIS-ATM'" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 10:17:11 -0400

Hi Walter,

In the Data Management BIRD # 121, we do not like the idea of dictating
"Samples_Per_Bit" requirements on a model-by-model basis. This is a
dangerous approach. The models need to be developed such that they are
robust enough to handle the impulse response/waveform time domain data they
are presented with by the EDA tool. And there are also compatibility issues
that could arise if the Tx DLL wants one kind of sampling and the Rx DLL
wants another one. We think this parameter should be taken out of the BIRD.

Thanks,

Ken Willis

Sigrity, Inc.

860-871-7070