[ibis-macro] Re: AMI Statistical Enablement

  • From: Walter Katz <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gedlund@xxxxxxxxxx>, "IBIS-ATM" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2014 09:45:19 -0500 (EST)

Greg,

You got it exactly right.

Walter

From: ibis-macro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ibis-macro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gregory R Edlund
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2014 9:25 AM
To: IBIS-ATM
Subject: [ibis-macro] AMI Statistical Enablement

I'm pretty sure I asked this question a long time ago, but I can't find my
notes.  Too many bits and bytes for a tired old brain...

What state of these parameters is required to support statistical
simulation in an IBIS 5.1 model?

GetWave_Exists
Init_Returns_Impulse

If I remember correctly, statistical simulation does not use the results
of the GetWave function, so GetWave_Exists could be true or false.

Init_Returns_Impulse means the DLL perfoms equalization by changing the
impulse response that came from the EDA tool (as opposed to modifying the
time-domain waveform).  It seems like Init_Returns_Impulse should be true
to enable statistical simulation.

Did I get this right?

Greg Edlund
Senior Engineer