[ibis-macro] Re: AMI Parameter String question.

  • From: Mike Steinberger <msteinb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2011 17:08:57 -0500

Ambrish-

I think that (<parameter tree root name>) would be the cleanest solution.

Since we didn't specify what a null parameter string would look like, supplying null '\0' as the parameter string may cause some models to crash.

Mike S.

On 04/08/2011 04:42 PM, Ambrish Varma wrote:

Hello AMI experts,

I have a quick question on the AMI parameter string that the model should expect when there is no model specific parameter to send back to the model. The .ami file only contains Reserved Parameter section.

Should it be:

1) null, ‘\0’ or

2) (“First_String_in_AMI_File”) or

3) Something else?

Thanks,

Ambrish.

Ambrish Varma   |  Member of Consulting Staff

P: 978.262.6431   www.cadence.com