[ibis-macro] Re: AMI_Flows_6.pdf for today's ATM teleconference

  • From: ckumar <ckumar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 03:43:21 -0700

<DD7A9A95166BF4418C4C1EB2033B6EE20227F243@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

1. Now I am confused . I thought the whole flow complication was due to
models having both getwave returning modified wave and init returning a
modified impulse

Anyway I presume Fangyi's point was that there are cases where you can
have an approximation of the system with a modified (impulse) response. But
such modification is not mathematically equivalent to the convolution of
an impulse response with a filter

2. I do not agree. I find it hard to treat a dll as a file having multiple
models. The same way, I  do not expect to get two different results with
the same ibis model