[ibis-macro] Re: AMI_Flows_6.pdf for today's ATM teleconference

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 19:08:26 -0700

Fangyi,

Thanks for your comments.  I agree with your observations.

In fact this is why Walter was right when he wrote in his
recent comment that the Tx Init Output Selector box on my
latest drawing should be on the right side instead of the
left side.  That way both statistical and time domain
simulations would be correct without having to sacrifice
either one of them over the other.

The problem is that making that change would deviate from the
flow in more than just changing the order of steps 4 and 5 as
described in the existing specification in section 2.3 and it
would also bring us back to the issue of having to do a
deconvolution for certain configurations, which is why it
was suggested to me to move that selector to the left side a
week ago.  I am beginning to see why Walter said that the
entire flow is flawed in the existing specification...

The more I push and shove the blocks around in this flow diagram,
the more I feel that the November flow is the right way to go.  It
seems that we have already figured it all out in the fall how to
do this right, and no matter how hard we try to be minimalistic
in fixing the spec, the best way to do it is as described in the
November flow.