[ibis-macro] Re: AMI_Flows_6.pdf for today's ATM teleconference

  • From: Ambrish Varma <ambrishv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: IBIS-ATM <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 17:08:08 -0700

Hi Arpad,
Sorry - I did mean Nonlinear, and/or Time Variant.
Well, there is a link. For a linear model, there will be no getwave, so slide 5
will correctly represent the scenario. However for non-linear models, there
will be no equalization (that approximates the equalization in the GetWave) in
the Init function, as such Tx (and RX) Use_Init_Output will always be true.
This would also mean that these models (with Getwave) would not be suitable for
Stateye type simulations.

Only models that would like to perform both Stateye type simulation as well as
(meaningful) Time Domain simulation via the same model will have issues as a
straight path from Tx_Init to Rx_Init is needed for Stateye type sim.

In my opinion, if we follow the simple rule set out by the spec, a lot of the
confusion will automatically be resolved.

Please let me know if I was clear enough. :)
Thanks,
Ambrish.