[ibis-macro] Re: A technical question on UI

  • From: <radek_biernacki@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>, <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 16:53:16 -0600

Hi Arpad,

I am as surprised by this interpretation as you are.

Actually, even for the reserved parameters I do not recall any requirement to
convert a value specified in terms of UI to absolute seconds. In other words if
the model creator designates a parameter as of type UI the model should expect
the fraction of UI (time normalized w.r.t. the bit time) as its input.

Otherwise, why would we need Type UI at all?

Radek