[ibis-editorial] Quick check on formatting for pre-emptive BIRD178.2 merge

  • From: "Mirmak, Michael" <michael.mirmak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ibis-editorial@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ibis-editorial@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 23:44:06 +0000

Per some recent meetings and offline discussions, if we pre-emptively
incorporate BIRD178.2 into the next draft of IBIS 6.1, we have to decide what
format to use to indicate direction. I propose the following, using Rx_Noise
as an example. Is it acceptable? Any alternatives?

Note that the table of directions will still be included, as a reference.

- MM

Parameter: Rx_Noise

Required: No, and illegal before AMI_Version 6.0

Direction: Rx

Descriptors:

Usage: Info, Out, Dep

Type: Float

Format: Value, List, Range, Corner, Increment, Steps

Default: <numeric_literal>

Definition: The standard deviation, in Volts, of a white Gaussian
random process, which is to be added by the EDA tool to the signal measured at
the sampling latch of a receiver.

- MM