[ibis-editorial] Re: IBIS Editorial Task Group Dec. 21 Minutes and Jan. 10 Agenda

  • From: "Walter Katz" <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ibis-editorial@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 09:20:16 -0500 (EST)

All,

I would like to add two items to the agenda:

1. IBIS 5.1 will have a format for describing Reserved Parameters (I do
not know what the status of this is yet). BIRD 123.2 obviously does not
follow this new format. I hope 123.2 get approved by the OPEN Forum before
5.1 is finished. Will BIRD 123,2 need to be amended to comply with the new
format, or will this be a task for the editorial committee when IBIS 5.2
gets written.

2. At some point I would like to discuss the IBIS 5.1 AMI parser. I
propose that the IBIS 5.1 AMI parser just follow the 5.1 rules. I believe
that IBIS 5.0 AMI models should pass the IBIS 5.1 rules with the following
exceptions:
        a. Reserved parameters Version and Use_Init_Output
        b. Quotes around strings
        c. IBIS 5.0 models that do not follow the New Rules, should have,
and I think that they should be flagged.

Walter

Wednesday, January 11, 2012
9 AM US Pacific Time

               Telephone     Bridge   Passcode
              916-356-2663     92     748-2862

(for international and alternate US numbers, contact Michael Mirmak)

Join online meeting
https://meet.intel.com/michael.mirmak/B79DHKGF

Agenda:
- Attendees
- Call for patents
- Review of Minutes
  * December 21, 2011
- Opens
- Timeline for IBIS 5.1 document revisions/review of new document
- Agenda for Next Meeting
- Approve Next Meeting Dates:
  * January 17
  * January 24

Attendees:
----------
(* denotes present)
Agilent                    - Radek Biernacki
Ansoft                     - Denis Soldo
Cadence Design Systems     - Terry Jernberg, Brad Griffin, Dennis Nagle
I/O Methodology            - Lance Wang
Intel                      - Michael Mirmak*
Mentor Graphics Corp.      - John Angulo, Arpad Muranyi*
Micron Technology          - Justin Butterfield, Randy Wolff
SiSoft                     - Walter Katz
Teraspeed Consulting Group - Bob Ross*

No patents were declared.

Michael Mirmak reviewed the status of approved and pending IBIS 5.1 BIRDs
and a combination ASCII draft of IBIS 5.1.  Three BIRDs are pending for
5.1;

no others are expected.

Arpad Muranyi suggested that everything between "Table" and the following
text should be indented:

|   Gaussian <mean> <sigma>
|    Composite of two Gaussian
|   DjRj <minDj> <maxDj> <sigma>
|      Convolve Gaussian (sigma) with uniform Modulation PDF

Gaussian, Dual-Dirac, DjRj should all be at the same level as Table
(they're

all formats).

Bob Ross suggested that all changes should be presented in "standard" IBIS

(ASCII) format first and collected in one document before formatting
changes

are made.

Bob also asked whether terms such as "tree", "root", "subtree", "branch",
and "leaf" are defined.  Michael will check on these, plus whether
consistent
terms are used between Section 6x and Section 10.