[ibis-editorial] A couple of small problems in IBIS v6.0 we need to address

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ibis-editorial@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ibis-editorial@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 20:46:57 +0000

Hello Everyone,

As I was working on my AR to check what the current state of the
spec is regarding Usage Out and InOut, I caught a couple of small
discrepancies that we should correct if possible as an editorial fix.

On pg. 205 we have this statement:

"If these parameters are Usage Out, the EDA tool shall use the values returned
by the AMI_Init function. It is the model maker's responsibility to make sure
that the AMI_Init function returns the appropriate value in these parameters to
the EDA tool to achieve successful simulations."

The first sentence should really say:

"If these parameters are Usage Out, the EDA tool shall use the values returned
by the AMI_Init function, unless otherwise noted."

because there is at least one parameter which is treated differently,
see Rx_Noise on pg. 217.

The second problem is on the bottom of pg. 211:

""Rx_Clock_Recovery_Mean" is an AMI parameter of Type either Float or UI,
Format either Value, List, Range, Corner, Increment, or Steps, and Usage Info
which defines a static offset, in seconds or UI, between the recovered clock
and the point half way between the PDF medians of consecutive eye zero
crossings.",

yet on the top of the next page, it says:

Usage: Info, Out

This is contradictory and should be corrected.

Thanks,

Arpad