[ian-reeds-games] works in progress

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "ian-reeds-games@freelist" <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 02:24:48 -0500

Hi all,
I'm real tired so this will be quick.

I updated the zombie map. Nothing special, just had to do it for the new dev 5.
I think I switched the team names and updated the time durations.

I updated the starship map. It is a work in progress, so there is going to be
some maps that will simply not play, so please keep that in mind.

The old maps should work, but I haven't tested anything yet.
The maps that are somewhat playable that are new are the two hunt for titan
maps and the kill a titan map.  there is no good instructions for those maps so
play at your own risk right now.

The borg are updated and I want to see if they are  more fun to play, or if
more needs to be done. They should adapt about four times.

The fog of war map is broken I think, and I need to redo that one or change it.
That is a map that really requires preemptive strike ability to make it work
right.
the flight of icarus is not working, I am not sure about the moment in time, I
was testing so there may be some ships on there to play with. Taht is the time
travel story ark withint he story ark so to speak. Essentially, some klingon
general is upset you destroyed his lifes work and so travles back in time to
kill your parents type of thing...classic trek, right? What is cool is that the
original trek bridge sequence plays instead of music making it a fun map, at
least, I hope it will be when it is ready.

I don't think I did anything else on the other maps as of yet. I did change
teams and time durations, but some of the special instructions are going to be
off till I can redo them. This is by far the most complicated map I got going
on.
I still got files that are using parser 1 for units and structures, lol. One
day, if I can settle it down, I need to just go thru all the maps and update
them tot he new parsers and etc.