[ian-reeds-games] Re: warlords sounds

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 14:46:43 -0400

Yeah, I agree with you on darksword. It was interesting, intrigueing, but
ultimately lacking.
I mean, you weren't really rooting for anyone. They were all so drol and dull,
you just kind of hoped they would all just off themselves and save the universe
 like ten bucks, lol.

Star wars I guess does do that pretty well, doesn't it? Although I would say
that the force is a cross between magic and telepathic abilities. Although now,
supposedly some kind of toothpaste now is responsible for the force,
'Midichlorians? Really George?). I mean, doesn't it sound like something that
would be included with toothpaste?

"Try new Yoda toothpaste,  complete with floride for whitening your teeth , and
midichlorians for strengthening gums and your active connection to the mystical
energy in the universe! Now available in cinnamon flavor!"

Cinnamon flavored force would be deliscious! Lol.

As for balancing modern with fantasy...yeah, I know that is going to be a bear.
There is no way a cavalry unit, no matter how motivated, is going to  to
destroy a tank, or even half a dozen guys with Thompson submachine guns for
that matter, lol.
Still, there might be some ways around it.
There was this book called grunts. It was about orcs, and it was a parody of
just about everything...only done incredibly awful and bad to the point where
you wanted to take some  midichlorians and wash your brains in them till you
forgot the book ever existed.
However, there was this part where the orcs somehow got thru this magic portal
to the modern world, and seeing how awesome modern war vehicles were, hired
their entire evil forces to bring back helicopters, tanks, bazooks and the
whole nine yards.

The problem was magic. Magic would be able to just do a little "unmend" spell,
and nuts and bolts and parts of the machines would go flying, making everything
useless.

While this may be a possibility, I am thinking along the terms of  the more
popular magic. I mean, a  lightning bolt on a plane or tank will do wonders. It
would almost be like an EMP pulse. Blowing out all the electronics, and
probably roasting anyone inside.
Fireballs might be a little less effective, but I plan on adding some fantasy
big hitters in hopes to  make it interesting , and also I am hoping to make it
two maps where the player can  play either the modern or fantasy side.

Isn't it weird? I mean, by the turn of the century, everyone was still riding
by horse or wagon to most places on land that was shorter then taking a train
or a boat. In only 100 years we are now going from a horse and buggy to the
space shuttle and beyond. I mean, such a radical change in  transportation
methods, and it is going to soon do so again as the oil and stuff run out. Then
the world would really be like command and conquer trying to  take oil rigs to
survive, lol.

I still think they should invent a transporter...and a holodeck. Give me those
two items and I am set for life, grin.

al