[ian-reeds-games] twilight: wrong side of the river

  • From: Carlos Macintosh <sleepio1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 16:33:04 -0400

Hi allan, so I have been trying unsuccessfully for about a week or so to beat the twilight wrong side of the river medium and hard mode maps. What is the difference between medium and hard mode? Is it the amount of of each resource your caverns of chaos regenerates or something? I didn't see anything to build on the medium mode, anyway, and the recruitment options for medium and hard are the same. I am also wondering if you tried to beat these maps before releasing them. The medium mode map is notoriously hard to beat; I still have not done it though I have gotten closer than I have ever gotten today, though I only got about a third of the way through, by my estimation. By carefully using my stone giants I was able to destroy all the stuff on the eastern side of the river like lantern tower, twilight watch and twilight town. Then I managed to smash north tower and south tower, then, with a lot more trouble, I got rid of the sun and the moon towers and twilight gate because of their positions on the river. Now the really hard part begins, because you are within range of just about all of the enemy ranged units, you can only move in a line across the road and the bridge, and the enemies just keep coming and surround your guys, because the buildings just recruit and recruit and recruit and you don't have much and can't gain a good foothold. I've been using trolls as tanks but even with three of them, by the time I get so deep into enemy territory, 2 die every round because there's the flam elemental tower and sorcerers flame blading everything and the sorcerer occasionally does fire blast or fire missile on my trolls to deal direct troll damage to them. And my caverns of chaos cannot evolve or build new recruitment buildings. So I am just as powerful as I was at the beginning of the game, and the enemy has become more powerful than I and Gondolay is already at city level by the time I destroy twilight gate. I noticed that on easy mode, you get like 4 or 5 buildings for your caverns of chaos. Perhaps you could give us 2 of those buildings, such as the copper mine and some other recruitment building. The hard mode should probably be as hard as medium mode currently is. Easy mode is just fine. I still really like the warlords maps even though I have played them countless times because they are cool. I'm still a big fan of the hold fast maps, those are really cool. But this twilight thing is really bamboozling me.