[ian-reeds-games] Re: tacticle battle

  • From: Ian Reed <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2013 14:58:13 -0600

Hi Josh,

The Kingdom at war series now runs in the latest dev release of Tactical Battle.
That would be the version to get if you want to run the most maps.
There are a few other map packs by Austen Perry that were never converted to the latest engine and so you would need different versions to run those. Though I'm not sure they are linked to anymore since they do not run in a current version.

The 1.09 release was left up so people could run Austen's largest map pack, Kingdom at War. Since then it has been converted to run in the latest dev release so the 1.09 version could be taken down now.

The game does not have an installer so if you want multiple versions you just unzip them into different folders.

The dev version also has an in game feature for downloading map packs which should be more convenient than downloading them from the map packs page.

Here's the link for the latest dev release:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43120001/Tactical%20Battle%201.13%20dev%2015.zip

Ian Reed

On 6/1/2013 12:44 PM, Josh Kennedy wrote:
Hi
if I get the standard 1.09 tacticle battle engine will it handle all the games like star wars, and all the other map packs? or will I have to install and uninstall versions to play different maps?