[ian-reeds-games] tactical battle crashes

  • From: Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 15:31:57 +1200

Hi.
Finally solved I think the tactical battle crashes I think.
I decided to run a map campaigne with the battle log on.
Anyway while reading the log with the large unit count the log continued for a while through the lines as normal but then got sluggish eventually it crashed.
I instead the next time went and hit the end key and closed the log.
The game never crashed.
I like the battle log off so I can hear the events of my units anounced in real time.
However its definately the battle log or the number of units in it or something that is simply going nuts, the game can not handle these large maps and large almost limitless unit counts that well it seems.
I am not sure how we can handle this as such.
Its not like we can group units unless I guess if a group of units attack a target at once but even then I don't know.
Allan I played the game  and it was hard to win.
So many come out of cocoons.
Also with the large maps after first term eventually while moving round maps with units the game will go out of memmory I do think it is the masses of units assulting the engine.
It was never designed for large unit numbers I think.

-----
You can unsubscribe from this list by sending email to
ian-reeds-games-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field.
Or by visiting the list page at //www.freelists.org/list/ian-reeds-games

Download the latest dev version of Tactical Battle here:
http://blindaudiogames.com/downloads/Tactical%20Battle%20Dev.zip