[ian-reeds-games] Re: summoning bug

  • From: Monkey <murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 03:26:37 -0600

Hey,

I don't remember you mentioning a problem with my summoning script...

Anyway, I took a look at it and I don't see why you would be having
this problem. The way I set it up is that it checks the units_per_tile
and structures_per_tile flags to determine whether or not a unit can
be placed, but if you have it set so that multiples can be summoned
then it should work.
I'm guessing it's an AI thing, since I know it still has issues even
with the normal summon flag...trying to summon when the skill
specifies that units can only be summoned on empty tiles.
Speaking of which, you didn't specify empty_tile, right? Your skill
just says tile?

On 10/17/15, Allan Thompson <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I think I mentioned this before, but it bears repeating.

First off, I added two new maps featureing monkey's random summon script.
They are the last two maps.

What you will notice is that while the players team doesn't seem to have a
problem, the computer seems unable to summon more than one unit onto a tile
that can hold up to 3. This causes thecomputer to become severely
handicapped, especially when it surrounds itself with structures. I have
tried work arounds, but honestly, nothing is really working that well. I
suspect it has something to do with teams, but being the low brow round
these parts just means that I am 99% clueless, grin.

Thanks,
al
"The truth will make you free"
Jesus Christ of Nazareth 33AD

-----
You can unsubscribe from this list by sending email to
ian-reeds-games-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject
field.
Or by visiting the list page at
//www.freelists.org/list/ian-reeds-games

Download the latest dev version of Tactical Battle here:
http://blindaudiogames.com/downloads/Tactical%20Battle%20Dev.zip

--
-Mew