[ian-reeds-games] suggestions for not_affect_flying, not_affect_allies and unusable_when_active flags

  • From: "Dickson Tan" <dickson.jaws@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 19:10:41 +0800

Hey Ian

Have a few suggestions for some flags that I think would be useful for maps.

1. The not_affect_flying flag is a valid flag for effects. Can you make it a
valid flag that you can put on skills as well? I was coding an earthquake
skill and realized that it made no sense for flying units to be affected by
it.

2. There was a discussion about the player using skills with splash effects
that can hurt their own units on another thread. Although there is a weird
workaround, can you add a new flag under skills and effects called
splash_not_affect_allies and splash_not_affect_ally_units? The first would
be a flag that universally makes allied units and structures unaffected by
splash damage of the skill while the second would be a list of allied
units/structures that you can specify that won't be affected by the splash
damage in case anyone needs the more fine-grained control.

3. For buffs that lasts a while, recasts make the number of rounds remaining
reset. The AI does recast spells on units that still have a few turns of the
effect remaining and I feel that that puts the AI at a great disadvantage
because there is some resource wastage. Can you add a unusable_when_active
flag (not sure whether it should be under skills or effects) that prevents
skills from being used on the unit if its effect is already active? There is
a weird workaround to achieve a similar effect but it is time-consuming to
implement for many skills.

Dickson