[ian-reeds-games] Re: some suggestions for age of warlords

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 19:04:07 -0400

Hi Niklas,

I will have to think about these suggestions. I can see a rogue or assassin
unit making a trap of some sort.
Destroyable structures are currently in certain maps. Do you mean you wanted
destroyable structures to be available in the dual maps, for instance in the
player's cursor? Or do you mean you want a unit to be able to create a
destroyable structure on the map?

The stack script makes the grouping of units possible. The problem is that I
think it would  do serious balance damage, and  the computer can't use it,
making it a one sided affair. I am also not sure which units should be able
to stack and  how  the different units  would make different stacked units.
For example,  if I stack three infantry together, is it different with  2
infantry and 1 cavalry, or 2 infantry and 1 wizard? It is a lot of  balance
issues like that that concern me.