[ian-reeds-games] Re: some drow questions

  • From: michael Tholl <mrtholl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 17:35:50 -0400

They would be like grunts, yes. But they would still need to be led by
drow fo some sort, to ensure that they didn't run off.  If you wanted
to try for a drow army, you'd need drow priestesses, drow warriors,
which would be male, drow magicians, which I think could be both,
though heavily weighted toward males, likely dryders, however that's
spelled, I forgot them earlier, they were hybrids of drow with
spiders. I don't remember the origins though.
Then you'd have bugbear, orc and goblin troops to do all the dying, at
least until the main objective, where they just wouldn't be trusted to
do the work.
I still need to look up that lizard thing that comprises their cavalry.
I'd say for the faction you might want to limit the slave races in the
drow faction since many have their own faction.
Don't think you have bugbears and kobolds though, so you might be able
to sneak them in as lower level troops.
Assassins could be the archer unit with crossbows or darts, though the
dark elves already have crossbows.
Anyways, think I may be rambling on now. and I need to go check on
part of dinner. grins