[ian-reeds-games] Re: script idea, can it be done?

  • From: Austen Perry <austentheaxewielder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 18:43:34 -0500

hi guys, good reaction.
i have actualy tested this out, and it is in fact winable.
start thinking like a realistic setting, rather than what you know of tb so far.
to make the helecopter work, use the board skill from one of the
characters on the helecopter, it will board the unit on the copter and
restore 1 pilot.
then, on the helecopter, use the take off skill, it restores movement,
and gives the vehicle a fly effect that will basicaly last forever
unless using land.
land will ground the vehicle, but will stop using fuel each turn, as
when the fly effect is on the helecopter and planes, it makes the
vehicle use fuel each turn, more realistic.
you can not move untill you take off, as the vehicle has no movement,
this was done on purpose to use 1 action for taking off and is a lot
more realistic.
for the bombs...
i placed the bombs for a reason, that reason is you must get your
ground tropps out in your first turn.
you do this by loading them all in to the truck transport, accept the
explosives officer, who can move one tile south and remove the mine
south of that, on 2 3,
then board the truck or take out the mine just to the east of that tile.
once these two tiles are removed of mines, move the truck out of the
range of the bombs, by going first to 2 3 then all the way south it
can travel, i usualy use the gunnery sergeant to load in to the
gremlin, which restores 1 pilot, note ground vehicles don't need to
take off as they have movement and don't need flight.
once the truck and all units are gone but the gremlin, i move the
gremlin one south or two south, and i end the turn.
note to use the morter shells you must load one each time you fire,
again for realistics.
also note that the machete is both a weapon and a usable item, so when
used on tree tiles attempts to cut down the tree, when used as a
weapon is a 1 range ranged weapon.
once you move all your units, the bombs will go off and usualy deal
about 50 dmage to the tank, which is heavily armed, and will still be
fine on integrity.
from here, i recommend driving the truck south through the trees on
the dirt tiles till the dirt tiles end, then unloading all units and
using the machete on the trees just south of the end of the dirt
tiles, till you get through the trees, this will get you in walking
range of the f29 rapters.
i usualy reload units and drive the truck back north, and use the
helecopter and fighters in the trees to do strikes on the enemy
vehicles, as the tanks cant drive through the trees and only have a
range of 4 tiles, get in range, fire then move out of range.
for the enemy, i've had to remove the pilot idea, as i didn't want
units loading on to vehicles and never off, or loading all units and
what not, so enemy vehicles don't require a unit, the ai is just not
smart enough for that yet.
now that you know more about the set up, play it and let me know what
you think, the aircraft realy play a big role in this testing map.
the only other way through the trees at the end of the dirt road, is
by using the intellegence agent, at the last dirt tile use the ghost
walk skill, and walk south, the trees will zap its movement, then
revert and when possible leap over the remaining tree.
thanks for the feedback!
realy hope a cloaking skill can be made in the future, as that is the
main goal i have for the intellegence agents, and when the recruit
comes in to play, it will make them even more fun to gather more of.

austen