[ian-reeds-games] Re: random

  • From: Austen Perry <austentheaxewielder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 14:36:51 -0600

hmm,
the only use i can think of, as the attack structure is nice, is for
hit and miss.
so if you wanted arrows to sometimes miss the target or instead of
hitting the target hit the square next to it lol, could be nice for
space battle as well.
otherwise, your changing the whole strucutre of the game, wich just
adds confusion, but i can see dice rolling is some aspects of the
game.
another use, might be kind o fnice, is to have a dice roll with 1 or
2, at the end of each turn that could say, if 1 is rolled nothing
happenes, but if 2 is rolled a storm comes and all units affected get
some sort of slow affect or drousy rofl.
maybe if you had an ocean map, a dice roll for when a wave would come
in and attack units close enough.
but, i don't think the game engine itself should all be dice roll, the
great part of this game is you don't do 1 damage when the skill is
supposed to do 100, so keeping it 1, to the map creaters choice, 2 to
certain things, not neccarily all combat, and 3 unique in the way this
game already is.