[ian-reeds-games] Re: questions for map packs

  • From: Ian Reed <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 11:07:49 -0600

Hi Søren,

For your last 2 questions:
Question 3: First back up your map pack in case this doesn't work correctly.
Then open the latest dev version of the game, choose Play a map campaign.
Move your menu cursor over your map pack name and press control + U.
The game will attempt to convert all your files to the latest parser versions.
Then run one of your maps and see what errors you get.
The auto conversion fails to properly convert lines that started with a boolean flag, meaning one that didn't have an equals in it. But these will get reported so you can go to those lines and fix them manually. You just need to put boolean flags on their own line or at least not as the first flag on a line. I just tried it on items and equipment and it got one error with the points/health.txt file.

Question 4: When you're at that point you need to zip up your map pack such that the zip contains 1 folder which contains all your map pack folders like units, skills, etc.
Then send me an email with the link and I will add it to the download list.

Ian Reed

On 7/23/2014 10:51 AM, Søren Jensen wrote:
Hi all.

I hope I’ll get more time to work on my map pack soon, and I hope to get more
feedback.
I have a few questions:
1: Can I make a door which can be opened and then later be closed to protect
the people behind the door? I could use the open door skill, but then the door
disappears.
2: If I make an attack, a weapon which shoots and can give damage for more than
two tiles, how do I then avoid that the weapon can do damage through walls?
3: How do i update my map pack to the latest developer version of the engine?
Do I need to change anything to make sure it’ll work?
4: When the map pack is ready for release, how do I get a link into the client
so people can download it?

I’m sorry if some of those questions already has been answered. I’m quite new
here on the list, and I’m still learning things regarding to Tactical battle. :)

Best regards Søren.