[ian-reeds-games] Re: question from beginner

  • From: Ian Reed <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 03:28:34 -0700

Hi Jarek,

I'm glad you like the game so much.

Here's the issues I found when trying to run the new maps you made.

1 The game crashed because the Sounds folder and Music folders are missing. This is probably not a problem on your machine. I imagine they are only missing since you needed it to be small to send it through email.

2 Your map files are missing 2 lines near the top. the game expects them to be there and gets confused if they are not.
You had:
Map
3 // Parser version
1 empty line here
width=20 height=20 music=european_threat.mp3 // flags

You should have had 3 empty lines, or you can do it with comments like this to help you remember they need to be there:
Map
3 // Parser version
// begin message
// victory message
// defeat message
width=20 height=20 music=european_threat.mp3 // flags

Then your maps will run.

Be sure to use the map editor in game when you are placing units as it is much easier.
You press control + E when on a map to enter it.

Good luck!
Ian Reed

On 2/23/2013 12:52 AM, Jaromír Pšánský wrote:
Hi all.
A specially Craig. Your map paskc command conquer red allert is very good idea. I began create new maps and units for team 3 the empire. Imperial units and structures are:
chopper_VX, stryker it is the same by Craig.
Structures: Rocket tower, military base, and the imperial construction yard. I used file with building: build barracks and some one: my file build rocket tower, build military base and slils: train choppervx train stryker. This files are in attachment. Program tell me that any units are not in the maps. When i used map editor in list are all units and structures, but when i want to play team3 or probably team2 i have problem with it.

Sorry my english is bad, beause i am from Czech republic and i learn english a few months.

Ian this game is very good, i am fanatic player strategycs games. Your game is very interesting for me, because units, effects, skils and some one is very differeltny for new maps and scenarios. Please try explain me what i do not correct. I want to learn create new map packs. I am blind historian. I study much more information about differently military organisations, armys and wapons. I would like this facts to use in my new packs, but i must can do it.
Regards.
Jarek from Czech republic.
My contact is:
jaromir.psansky@xxxxxxxxx

I am in this e-mail group. I read your email news. Ian You are very workly programator.

Zpráva bude odeslána s následujícími přílohami:
New units and maps Command and Conquer Red Alert.zip

Poznámka: Jako ochranu proti počítačovým virům mohou některé programy zabraňovat odesílání nebo přijímání některých typů příloh. Informace o způsobu zpracování příloh ve vašem počítači zjistíte v nabídce nastavení zabezpečení.