[ian-reeds-games] Re: question about windows 10 compatibility

  • From: "Craig Brett" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "craigbrett17" for DMARC)
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2016 16:35:27 +0000

That's a good place for it!

On 26/02/2016 23:11, Kyle Davis wrote:

well i have the tb in the games folder.

On 2/25/2016 3:49 PM, Craig Brett (Redacted sender craigbrett17 for DMARC) wrote:
I'm playing/play testing it on Windows 10 and have been for a few months, and touch wood I've had no issues.

I have with Swamp, sadly, but this audio game seems to be all fine on Win 10.

One thing it does need is the .NET framework, an newer versions come with newer operating systems. So you'll probably be fine there too.

And no, I don't believe you have to run this as admin. Although, if you start getting errors saying something vaguely about not being able to write files or something, versions of Windows after 7 start really locking down the Program Files directories. 8 is a bit fussy about it, 10 even more so. If this is the case, try unzipping TB somewhere that isn't in your Program Files part of your computer and it should be happier.

HTH

On 30/01/2016 18:09, Kyle Davis wrote:
i can try it out but my experience is that sometimes a program and or application that has text to speech speech components, the program in question does not react very well to compatibility mode like the screen readers and or screen magnifiers where it will not let you even start the program and or you getting a nasty blue screen error or the program not being able to function at all and it can be different for each windows operating system.

On 1/29/2016 9:16 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Well.
I suggest you just try it you may or may not need some runtimes for vb I am not sure how that works.
However general rule of thum, win vista and up  is the benchmark.
If it works with vista, then it should work with 10.
And if it works for win 7 and 8.1 etc it should work for 10.
It depends on the complex of the program and to be honest this is not a complex program.
you may or may not have to run this as admin though.

On 30/01/2016 11:35 a.m., Kyle Davis wrote:
i am getting a new computer but it will have windows 10 and my question
is how would tactical battle react in a windows 10 environment i know
that if a program is not compatible you can use compatibility mode for a
program but i also know that some programs does not handle very well in
compatibility mode.

-----
You can unsubscribe from this list by sending email to
ian-reeds-games-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject
field.
Or by visiting the list page at
//www.freelists.org/list/ian-reeds-games

Download the latest dev version of Tactical Battle here:
http://blindaudiogames.com/downloads/Tactical%20Battle%20Dev.zip

-----