[ian-reeds-games] Re: question about transformation script

  • From: Monkey <murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 00:40:59 -0600

Computer? Derp, oops. Sorry about that.

And if the slashes are what's decided, I already modified your
randomSelectString for one of my scripts because the "|" would have
looked a bit awkward...as I think we have discussed in the past.
function slashString(original) {
if (original.indexOf("/") == -1)
return original;
var choices = original.split('/');
var randomIndex = Math.round(Math.random() * (choices.length - 1));
var pick = choices[randomIndex];
return pick;
}
Not much of a change, of course. So credit still definitely goes to you.
Just so we both don't have the same thing with a different function
name... It would be a bit pointless, aha.

On 6/10/15, Craig Brett <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It wouldn't be the AI choosing anything, it'd be the computer. There's a
subtle difference. I'm not doing any funky business with a range,
though, that sounds like an unnecessary hassle.

Yeah, I could give that a look. I'd probably just extend the existing
transforms_into scripts. If that's what you're thinking. Having them
take random arguments would be easy. I'd probably have it so you could do:

transforms_into cat/dog/bird

Or maybe

transforms_into cat|dog|bird

Both read alright to me and both mean randomly pick one, slash is more
gramatically correct but computer speak wise, "|" means "or". Any strong
preference?

On 11/06/2015 06:04, Monkey wrote:
Wait, what do you mean with range? I'm not sure we're on the same page
here.
My understanding is that you want the AI to choose a random effect
from a list. That's simple enough to create.

On 6/10/15, Kyle Davis <kyles.supernova@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
i don't know how to achieve this so far what i learned is that you will
need to sepperate each effects and then have each effects hashed as
integers for instence the first effect in the line would be 1 and the
next would be 2 and so on and then take the integer values and make it
into a range like 1r2 or 1r3 and etc then put it through the shared
calculate flag to be calculated at which it would randomly pick any
number in the range and then send it to shared apply effects flag and
have flags to apply this effect to either a unit and or tile but i could
be completely wrong about it, it seems to me that it should go.

On 6/10/2015 2:45 PM, Monkey wrote:
A random effects script is very easy to do, I think. *shrug*

On 6/10/15, Kyle Davis <kyles.supernova@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
if that is so i guess i would try maybe having transformations on
different 0 duration effects a course this would require that tb has
the
capability of having random effects flags, i am remembering that it
was
mentioned a few months ago and maybe having it added on in later
versions.

On 6/10/2015 2:22 PM, Monkey wrote:
I'm pretty sure that's possible, although I'm not sure if he's going
to want to add that.

On 6/10/15, Kyle Davis <kyles.supernova@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
i wonder is it possible to have random unit type transformations for
instence i have a curse that could turn a unit into a random
creature
lets say i have cat, dog, and bird as the argument and when i have
it
cast on a unit the game engine will randomly selects one of the unit
type i have placed in it and then turn that unit into the randomly
selected unit type

--
-Mew