[ian-reeds-games] Re: question about coppywriten music and sounds

  • From: Monkey <murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 May 2015 12:33:10 -0600

If you have written permission from the maker(s) of a song then you can use it.
Different countries have different laws on what can and can't be used
though. Look up the Fair Use laws in your country, if it has them.
That's the best suggestion I can give you.

On 5/9/15, garrett knight <wolfofthewind48@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

hay all
Wile I still working on my angel wars map pack, I've kind of hatched a
side project that was based off a song I hurd. The song is called
internet friends, and it's by knife party. The map pack I was thinking
of would be one map, in witch your being chased by a psyco path who got
mad because, as a line from the song goes, quote, you blocked me on
facebook. And now your going to die. End quote. Your goal would be to
get to the police station in your home city, where she will be caught
and arrested, without getting killed by her or other obsticals along the
way. Is there some kind of rule that copywriten stuff is never to be
used? Or can it with permition or something? I kind of want the actual
song to be used as the background music for the map. Any input on this
would be greatly welcome.
thanks in advance in case I don't end up writing back, witch I sometimes
don't sense i'm not always on line.

--
-Mew