[ian-reeds-games] Re: question

  • From: Ian Reed <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 12:55:38 -0700

Hi Allan,

Thanks for pointing out the typos, they are fixed now.

I'm glad the new map editor features are helping so much!

You're zombie map sounds like it's going to be much more playable. I'm excited!

The regions was a feature Austen asked for.
Basically it is just a way to label areas without having to use terrain.
So if you wanted to label half the map as "The good lands" and the other half as "The bad lands" you can do so while still being able to have unique terrain throughout the map.

I'm pasting Austen's exact request below so you can see his description of it. He also said some other things on it back in the reply to all chain but I don't know which email that was.

Here's Austen's request, it was one of his top 3:
3
regions, wich like mentioned would be like terrain, and could be
formatted like terrain in the map editor, where you put a marker
somewhere and go to the oposit corner of the area you want to select
and hit a key, and the selected region type would be put there.
in map it could look like this,
sam the good archer a 1 open field,
this being the text sceen at a 1 on the game open field being the
particular region, not dependant on the terrain mainly for naming a
region like in m knew map ceries but being able to also but a terrain
for sound or other benifits.
this could be nice when a battle field is put up, as you could know
where your troops are or what the layout mor likely is.

Ian Reed

On 12/19/2012 11:19 AM, Allan Thompson wrote:
Ian, these two words were misspelled in the user guide. I don't normally nitpick, but I just noticed these as I was reading thru. I copied them so you can do a replace on them:
strcture

strctures

My question is how are regions used. I didn't really get what they were or how they worked, other then they label something. Is there an example of how that works somewhere? I will be updating the zombie house map sometime today. I made great use of the first key navigation and block area thing! Those alone were cutting down map creation time drastically and thanks for putting those in. The map I got right now is smaller and tighter. a little less structures and starting zombies and about six spawn spots that don't spit out zombies till turn 3, and then 1 or 2 zombies thereafter. I think I am going to cut down on the ammo the starting units have to give some more survival edge and retouch the user guide as well, but I think it might be better in the long run.
al
"The truth will make you free"
Jesus Christ of Nazareth 33AD