[ian-reeds-games] Re: operation black web demo

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 15:02:29 -0400

Hi Austen,
I figured it would be tough.
One option might be to have a change unit involved.
So for instance, if you have a fighter  pilot, they could come to the
vehicle. They use a change unit , while removing the unit. The vehicle
becomes a piloted vehicle, and then you load your troops on it. The problem
is if you load them on it before the pilot, they might not survive the
transformation so that might not be the best solution.

I was in the air force and I drove some pretty big vehicles, invludeing a
cherry picker and a tow truck that towed aircraft that was about the size of
a 707. All of them were automatic transmission, so the truck would be no
problem for anyone.

Also below is a web page that features a description of someone learning and
driving a tank, all within a day, so I don't think driving a tank is all
that hard. I think driving a tank "well: might be the issue but the simple
act seems like it can be taught and trained in  under a week at the most.
Boats too aren't hard to learn to drive, featureing just a wheel and a
throttle. It is just learning how to drive one expertly which requires such
training.

The aircraft are very different, although I understand the trouble it is to
try to simulate something more realistic with them.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/military/weapons/how-to-drive-a-t
ank-15236321