[ian-reeds-games] Re: moving immunity

  • From: "Craig Brett" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "craigbrett17@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 23:56:23 +0100

The first one's already done. It'll probably come out with my other script updates, which will be with the next dev release. And that won't be at least until I'm back from holiday, so I'm afraid that'll be a couple of weeks. Sorry!

As for the second one, that would be impossible, or at least nearly impossible to do in script. So it'd have to be something we do in the engine itself. I've put it in my file of possible things for the next version. So fingers crossed it isn't too bad to do and it might well get in there!

On 06/07/2015 21:21, Monkey wrote:

The second thing...I actually really like that. I'm not sure that's
something for scripters though. If it were done, it seems to me like
something that would be done via the engine...

On 7/6/15, Allan Thompson <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx> wrote:
To Craig,
I was hoping you can make an "immune" script for the moving away and moving
towards scripts.
The thing is that I'm looking at a massive list of not usable on units and
structures, grin.

I also wonder if there's a way to label units and structures into various
groups that could then be used for a usable on/not usable on kind of flag.

For instance: one could label a group is flying units, another is
structures, another is biological.
Then only that labeled group could be listed on the flag. Almost like and
equip_type flag I guess.

I'm sure the immune thing is probably a lot easier to do but I figured I'd
mention the other anyway since I really don't know how easy or hard it
would
be for yourself or someone else skilled in the art of mystical scripting.

Thanks,
Al

"The truth will make you free"
Jesus Christ of Nazareth 33AD