[ian-reeds-games] Re: just for kicks

  • From: shaun everiss <sm.everiss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2013 10:31:11 +1300

hi allan.
I didn't change the map that much
the only thing I did was swap out all the good vessels for borg_cube and to be honest one borg cube could handle just about anything.
its why I stopped fiddling with the map pack.
its no fun if the borg can happily well mostly waltz through and assimulate things though that could start another arc.
However I'd like to have earth as a defeat condition.
and set the borg to start assimulating a large number of people at once.
say 1 million.
have this once a round.
now have the population something like 10 million or billion just enough so if you fail to stop the borg after 10 rounds you are dead. However have it set that if the borg do get earth reguardless where you are you all die since the borg wins.

At 10:02 AM 2/2/2013, you wrote:
Lol, that sounds like fun!
Maybe another interesting version or alternate reality would be a klingon version of all these events, only the klingon is the player, seeing it from their point of view.

I just dropped in the zip so give it a little bit to download.
I thinkt he first hunt map is working right. You got to the satellite, and on the satellite you do a control+a and it will automaticlaly transfer data to you. You bring that data to the pod5. After transmitted, you hit E on the pod and it should warp out, although the game says it is defeated. The next round the klingons show up as an ambush from that spase unit I told you about. I originally invented the pods cause you couldn't use a good unit as a victory in a map if it dies. Othersie I would ujust have them all get destroyed like the first hunt map. I rebuilt the flight of icarus and it was working when I tested it. I fixed the academy map crashing. I also fixed the kill map, so now you get all the kzintis showing up as they should., plus fixed the warpin sound.

I really like your borg vs. planet killer map. Maybe it could be a fun map to include. Do a sensor scan during the battle to get the info on how the planet killer attack does so much damage...that would work great in the juggernaught arc. How to do that without getting wacked is another story lol.