[ian-reeds-games] Re: items example map

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 08:07:54 -0400

Hi Jarek,
No worries Jarek, I will try to explain. Also you might want to check if you
are on the latest dev version of the game wich is something like dev 13. I know
it works on that cause I just tested it to make sure the dwarf barbarian can
use the shortsword.

So what happens  is that while on an item, you use the "T" key, or use the
skill, I am not sure if your alphabet ist he same or not.

Anyway, you use the take skill and grab up the items, which it sounds like you
have already done.

Then you hit E or go to the equipment list skill.

There you have body parts which can have equippable items.
These are the main hand, the off hand, the body, the finger or maybe ring
finger I can't remember, and the neck.

Go to the main hand slot. It should say that the dwarf has a hand axe already
equipped. You should be able to hit the spacekey or the enter/return key to
"open" the body slot, and the items that are useable with it.
Itshould list the shortsword as an equippable item. Just hit space or
return/enter on the shortsword, and it should automatically unequip the hand
axe and equip the short sword. Then you can back out of that by hitting the
escape key twice. Simple as pie.

Now if the short sword is not showing up in the main hand  equippment list when
you open it up to see what items can be put there, then  maybe the dev version
of your TB game needs the update, or maybe you need the latest version of the
kobold map, which has been updated a few days ago when Carlos fixed the mapto
save on the space, to hopefully make the memory issue less of a problem, which
you already noticed. The larger maps seems to do that, and I know Ian is
working on it, so it is a matter of patience I guess.

I hope that all helps you out. If my instructions were not good enough, we can
try again. Sometimes I am not the best at giveing instructions.