[ian-reeds-games] Re: items and effects adding points?

  • From: Monkey <murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 20:18:54 -0600

This can kind of already be done, by setting point_max=0 in the unit
file and then using the point_max_mod script made by KeyWasFull.
It would still require you to input each type of ammo into the unit's
file, but at least the points won't show up when F4ing over said unit.

On 9/14/15, garrett knight <wolfofthewind48@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all
So, I have had yet another idea for a map pack. Unfortunately, something
I want to do with it can't be done yet. The idea was inspired by the
sighted game half life. There are several different guns you can pick up
through out the map pack. Let's say about, 20 so far. Now, I want there
to be a type of ammo for every single one. Picture how spammy that would
be listing every type of ammo as a point. So, what if there was a way to
have points be added to items and effects? For example, Let's say you
picked up a shotgun. Then, shotgun ammo would appear in your points
list. if you unequipped the shotgun or dropped it, then it would
disappear from your points list.
Thoughts?

-----
You can unsubscribe from this list by sending email to
ian-reeds-games-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject
field.
Or by visiting the list page at
//www.freelists.org/list/ian-reeds-games

Download the latest dev version of Tactical Battle here:
http://blindaudiogames.com/downloads/Tactical%20Battle%20Dev.zip

--
-Mew