[ian-reeds-games] Re: hey again,

  • From: Craig Brett <craigbrett17@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 14:31:38 +0000

I'd check the place where you're trying to unload your cargo. Can the cargo go there?

The script will check on the tile of the transport and all around to see if there's room for the units. If there's not, it won't unload, since you can't put something where there's no space.

Craig

On 14/12/2013 22:32, michael Tholl wrote:
I think it's catching. ack!
Not that I could've helped, but I ran into this several dev versions
ago on something. oddly, it was only in one spot, seemed to work fine
in other parts of that map.
My only suggestion, and it's a flimsy one is to check the transport
for missing flags that would allow the units to get off.

On 12/14/13, michael Tholl <mrtholl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 12/14/13, Austen Perry <austentheaxewielder@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hey lol,
the previous message failed sorry.
i figured out the problem, and now run in to another.
the script fo unloading units from a transport is not working.
if you get it updated let me know, finaly got my units to be able to
buy a ticket use it on a horse drawn wagon and roll around in it, just
cant get them out.

austen

On 12/14/13, Austen Perry <austentheaxewielder@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 12/14/13, Austen Perry <austentheaxewielder@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hey all.
i've been working on shadows abound as the amo point in my operation
blackweb is currently completely not workin.
i've come up with something, i thought would work, butt currently
doesn't.
i wanted to make a way, a unit could board or enter another unit,
without using a skill.
i came up with a ticket item.
the ticket items idea, is that when used on the right unit, would
board the unit using it on to that unit.
the problem is, that for some reason it doesn't work.
i'm not sure if this is do to it being an item, or the actual script
itself.
i don't get an error message though, it just says the unit uses it on
another, no loading etc...
i would like to possibley get this to work though, so any help i realy
apriciate.
the following is the complete text for the ticket item.
Item
10 // parser version
|flags
description a small piece of paper, allowing one to board a ransport
vehicle taking the form of money.
useable_once
not_useable_on=archer,balrog,catapolt,child,demolition_mage,demon,dire_wolf,dragon,dwarf,dwarven_warrior,elf_mage,elf_ranger,elf,faerie,fire_demon,flying_monkey,forester,gargoil,ghost,ghoul,gnome,goblin,guard,guardian,human,imp,lord,mage_decoy,mage,monk,necromancer,ogre,orc,owl,poison_ivy,prince,shadow_assassin,skeleton,soldier,thief,troll,witch,wizard,wraith,zombie,a_hat_merchant,a_small_cabbin_in_the_woods,a_small_log_building,battle_ship,blacksmith,cabinet,desk,door,enchanted_door,gate,jeweler,merchant,potions_r_us,rock_slide,shady_merchant,silvren's_custom_bows,steel_door,temple,treasure_chest,vain's_warrior_lodge
sound=ticket
after_perform=load_unit_into_transport@ {Message: "{0} has boarded {1}"
}
|script_flags

thanks in advance for any help or advice.

austen

On 12/7/13, Ian Reed <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Allan,

You did keep it reasonably simple, smile.
My first priority when I get back to TB is to fix the remaining bugs.
But I'll consider adding this feature at the same time.

This particular feature could also be added as a script flag by Craig.
So you might consider beseeching him for his amazing scripting skills,
smile.

Ian Reed

On 12/7/2013 7:26 AM, Allan Thompson wrote:
Hi Ian,
I was hoping to ask for something simple.
Is it possible to add in a flag  in effects so that a sound plays
when
it's
duration expires?

An example is in age of warlords. A weer warrior transformed into a
weer
wolf  has about four rounds before the effect is activated due to the
zeroing  of a certain point.
Right now, it simply changes back. I would like it to make some kind
of
sound so that the player has an audible clue that this happened.
I am not sure what it would be called. Maybe "activate_effect_sound"
or
"end_of_duration_sound"
   ". I am not sure when it would play actually. Either when the
effect
takes
effect, or it's duration runs out, especially for duration=0 effects.
Hopefully I made some kind of sense on this request, grin.

al

The truth will make you free"
Jesus Christ of Nazareth 33AD