[ian-reeds-games] Re: games people play...

  • From: "Craig Brett" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "craigbrett17@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 00:12:22 +0100

I've always been a beat-em-up fan myself. Wasn't ever super at Street Fighter, but got right into Tekken and Mortal Kombat. I haven't got the latest one though, I only own a PS3 not a PS4. But lots of fun to be had there. Especially if you can have a tournament with friends.

I've got just about enough sight to play some other out there titles, like Metal Gear Solid and such. Simply superb games, but my coping strategies are a bit unique. For MGS, for example I rely massively on either the radar or the thermal imaging to get things done, depending on the game. In MGS3 and 4, I pretty much exclusively use thermals. The whole game is orange to me practically!

I also played Civilization V, which I can just about see enough to play. An amazing game. Amazing, yet addictive and a massive time sink haha. I'm surprised Firaxis have never tried to make that game work with a screen reader of any kind. It's turn based with a lot of textual content, which is a large part of what makes me think it's doable. And it would be amazing to not spend minutes trying to read stuff each turn.

On 21/07/2015 23:49, Allan Thompson wrote:

I had no idea there is more than one double Dragon. I'm sure would've played
the heck out of them if I did, LOL.

Golden Axe! I absolutely love that game. I don't remember playing the second
one but the first one was very neat.
I think I like the dwarf best, especially with that charge ability.
I would be more than happy to help you out with a port of Golden Axe on TB. The
big thing would be the authentic game sounds and music, but I think it would be
a lot of fun, and it wouldn't be to complicated for first time map pack maker.
Honestly, if I can do it then absolutely anyone can do it. A good place to
start would be Ian's map creation guide. He has step-by-step instructions in
there. The list is also really good with helping people out with questions and
problems etc.

Al