[ian-reeds-games] Re: game writing question

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2014 02:40:39 -0500

Hi Ben,
Welcome to the list.

Below are two examples of  how many structures and units can be allowed on a
tile.

units_per_tile=3
structures_per_tile=1

These can go  in either the  map file for that single map, or it can go
intot he default map flags file which affects all maps.

In the TB game there is a map creators guide. Some of it is a little out of
date however.

For the beginning of all files, except the map pack settings the files need
to have these headings.

Line 1: name of file type (unit, structure, skill etc)
Line 2: Parser version, the current parser version is 10
Line 3: |flags

There is a few new flags.  These are :

Description
Add_skills

Description  is followed by a space and then you give that description of
the unit or whatever it is all on that one line

For the add_skills it is followed by a space, and the names of the skills
follow after and each are seperated  by commas with spaces in the names of
the skill having an _ (underline or underscore).

If you are planning on using craig's script flags you will need more info
perhaps, depending on how far along you are and what you are trying to
create etc.

Below is a list of free,  and some not so free, audio. Hopefully they will
have some thunder or lightning effects that will help you out.

If  you feel nothing will do, go and plunder my map packs. I am sure I got a
lightning or thunder in there somewhere.
Maybe someone on list has some good ones or websites to point to as well.

Some links for decent sounds are:

http://www.soundjay.com/index.html

http://sweetsoundeffects.com/gun-pack-2/

http://www.freesound.org/